We are looking for a Software Developer/Engineer to join Our Team
A Software Developer/Engineer researches, designs, implements, and manage software programs as well as testing and evaluates new programs. Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements. Writing, engineering, and implementing efficient code. Develops quality assurance procedures and deploys software tools, processes, and metrics. Works closely with other developers, UX/UI designers, and business and systems analysts. Acts as team leader on projects. Participates in the development of software user manuals. Instructs assigns, directs, and checks the work of other software developers on the development team. Consults with engineering staff to evaluate software-hardware interfaces and develop specifications and performance requirements
Where You’re Located:
Candidates for this role will be based in the United States, and the position is a telecommuting position. The preferred candidate may reside near the Washington DC Metro area so the candidate can visit the client if/when needed.
- You will be responsible for deploying a digital marketing platform to the Cloud (first Azure and then to Google, planned) through API development for 50M Americans (current users) to expand to 160M Americans in the next five years.
- Providing software design and development support and over the site on platform strategy for an organization responsible for product innovation
- Modifying software to fix errors, adapt it to new hardware, improve its performance, or upgrade interfaces.
- Directing and executing system testing and validation procedures.
- Directing and executing software programming and documentation development.
- Consulting with departments or customers on project status and proposals.
- Working with customers or departments on technical issues including software system design and maintenance.
- Analyzing information to recommend and plan the installation of new systems or modifications of an existing system.
- Consulting with engineering staff to evaluate software-hardware interfaces and develop specifications and performance requirements.
- Designing and developing software systems using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and design consequences.
- Preparing reports on programming project specifications, activities, or status.
- Conferring with project managers to obtain information on limitations or capabilities.
What You’ve Done Before:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related degree.
- Knowledge of the software development life-cycle
- The desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to develop unit testing of code components or complete applications.
- Creativity is always a plus.
- Must be a full-stack developer and understand concepts of software engineering
- Experience working on a variety of software development projects.
- Deep programming language knowledge.
- Design and develop RESTful APIs / other software components that are the core foundational blocks for integration with partner systems
- Experience with data integration, RESTful API, Web Services, and COTS Integration solutions
- Prepare documentation like API Swagger, deployment instructions, and training documents for APIs and other solutions
- Deploying and maintaining software services within public cloud environments, particularly Azure and Google services
- Web Technologies (DHTML, AJAX, etc.)
- Experience with design and development of REST API platform using Apigee/APIM, manipulating web services from SOAP to REST or vice-versa.
- Experience with Security frameworks (e.g., JSON Web Token, OAuth)
- Experience in API layer security, custom analytics, throttling, caching, logging, request and response modifications
- Proficient in SQL and Stored Procedures such as Oracle, MySQL
- Experience with Unix, Linux Operating Systems
Why you should join our team:
Collaborative & Inclusive Culture: Our colleagues work in small, self-organized, and cross-functional teams that determine the best tactics to support the vision and strategy set by leadership. We encourage and welcome all ideas, taking an agile approach to creating an amazing product
Design Thinking for Innovation: With a focus on our colleague’s growth within Assurety we have developed a Learning Management System (LMS) that trains all colleagues on Design Thinking for Innovation, Security, BI & Analytics, and the business they are about to support. More training are added every year.
Recognition & Awards: Our Colleagues are recognized for their innovative problem solving, goodwill, candor with respect, and excellence. We also give out spot bonuses besides the yearly performance bonus.
Workplace: While our headquarters is in Sterling, Virginia, and our largest client in Washington, DC (on-site), our team lives across the globe. We partner with our team to help them achieve personal and professional alignment, helping our colleagues to define their own blend of work-life balance.
Office Perks: Colleagues that work out of one of our main offices enjoy beverages, snacks, lunches, and happy hour benefits.
Vacation & Holiday Schedule: We believe this is a partnership and we trust our colleagues to build their own time-off schedules and encourage our teams to take time for their well-being while minimizing impacts to Client deliverables.
Growth Opportunity: Through hands-on learning and development, the opportunities are endless.
Focus on Well-Being: We pride ourselves on offering numerous benefit options to fit better the needs of our colleagues and their families, including domestic partners. Benefits include medical (PPO & HDHP-HSA), dental, vision, flexible spending account, commuter benefits, discount programs, life & disability insurance, and accident insurance. We also offer a 401k program with a company match and paid parental leave.
Live your Passion: Assurety encourages and promotes monetary and personnel involved in the causes around the globe. We believe in our Value of Goodwill, and work to find new ways to give back to our communities and make a positive impact. We focus on initiatives in the following areas – technology, charity, volunteerism, and honorary contributions.
Apply for this position
Who is Assurety Consulting & Solutions:
Assurety is a leader and innovator in multiple governmental and commercial sectors, including postal/parcel, marketing, financial, retail and higher education. We harness the power of our 16+ years of experience and the expertise of our professional staff to leverage technology and data to solve the toughest problems facing our clients. Data plays a critical role in almost all workstreams we serve. We encourage colleagues at all levels to participate in problem-solving discussions, and encourage design thinking for innovation in each interaction and deliverable. We have developed a culture that promotes participation and ownership in the process of creating effective solutions to complex problems. As a result, our organization delivers some of the most innovative advanced business and technical solutions in the industry. Our colleagues help our clients save lives, cut costs, improve revenue, directly impact the US economy, and improve their customers’ experience.
Assurety is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Assurety are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Assurety encourages applicants of all ages.