All employees of Assurety share one job description which is to keep its customers and help grow the company.
Who is Assurety Consulting & Solutions:
Assurety is a leader and innovator in multiple governmental and commercial sectors, including postal/parcel, marketing, financial, retail, and higher education. We harness the power of our 19+ years of experience and the expertise of our professional staff to leverage technology and data to solve the toughest problems facing our clients. Data plays a critical role in almost all workstreams we serve. We encourage colleagues at all levels to participate in problem-solving discussions and encourage design thinking for innovation in each interaction and deliverable. We have developed a culture that promotes participation and ownership in the process of creating effective solutions to complex problems. As a result, our organization delivers some of the industry’s most innovative advanced business and technical solutions. Our colleagues help our clients save lives, cut costs, improve revenue, directly impact the US economy, and improve their customers’ experience.
We are looking for a Senior Project Manager to join Our Executive Team:
The QA/Software Testing Manager is responsible for leading, directing, developing, executing, measuring, and improving account, process, people, and software implementation KPIs and workstreams. Assurety is looking for a technically savvy and operationally disciplined senior project manager to help lead efforts in helping our customers manage and enhance mission systems.
The successful candidate is a technical project manager with a track record of successfully developing strong relationships and successfully managing complex, cross-discipline projects must be able to demonstrate a history of successful development of relationships, processes, metrics, project management, collaborations, and operational support.
As a leader within this team, we would look for a candidate to bring discipline to the planning and deliverables process and improve the quality of our deliverables. Must be a self-starter, a self-managed person who can coach and mentor Project Leads and lead Project activities. Experience in working with supply chain, eCommerce, marketing, mail, and parcel systems is a plus.
Candidates for this role will be based in the United States, and the position is onsite in Washington DC with two days of telecommuting available per week. On-site presence is critical to the success of program delivery and the account(s) growth.
- Lead testing on on-premises software systems as well as Google and Azure Clouds.
- You will be responsible for assuring the quality of software before deployment for mission-critical systems that generate billions of dollars in yearly revenues.
- Your efforts will minimize stoppage of revenue as well as irate customer calls to the management of your client and you will be able to directly impact the customer experience in a positive way.
- You will be able to lead and mentor junior resources and help them grow professionally
- Your efforts will make sure that the products and services envisioned by the VPS and directors are implemented to cut costs, sustain revenues, and improve customer experience.
- Your efforts will build trust between the testing and development teams and your goal will be to gain the trust of all stakeholders
- Works as a risk manager and proactively communicates risks and develops solutions to mitigate the risks
- Manages tasks, resources, schedules, and plans for multiple releases per year
- Develops requirements/Test Case plans and matrix
- Must be able to lead and direct the activities of the QA/SOFTWARE TESTING team.
- Works with customers and provides QA/Software Testing, process and task management guidance, and status.
- Supervises the timely preparation of QA/SOFTWARE TESTING plans and scripts and execution.
- Leads QA/SOFTWARE TESTING activities, mentors other QA/SOFTWARE TESTING resources
- Conducts data analysis and writes QA/SOFTWARE TESTING plans and scripts focused on data and functional testing
- Authoring test cases and performing smoke, functional, negative, regression, and cross-browser testing of our signature product and our core products.
- Interpreting, analyzing, and understanding of Requirement/Specification documentation provided for new and existing functionality
- Writing and executing test plans, test scenarios, and test cases
- Assisting Development with the research of reported issues
- Maintaining records of test progress and documenting test results
- Managing Requirement Traceability Matrices
- Must be able to manage the activities of multiple QA/SOFTWARE TESTING teams
- You should have strong leadership, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with software engineering or requirements management is a plus
- Expertise with testing tools is a must
- Must understand data modeling data entities and data communication and processing related QA/SOFTWARE TESTING activities
- Knowledge of and experience with B2B systems is a plus.
- Good interpersonal skills are also required
What You’ve Done Before:
- Must have 10+ years of progressive Quality Assurance, leadership, and management experience.
- Must have past B2B data communication, compliance, processing, and reporting experience.
- MUST be able to understand testing driven by data and management-driven driven test scenarios.
- Must have practical experience with all stages of the software development life cycle (SDLC) as well as the software testing life cycle (STLC).
- 8+ years of experience-based web-based applications.
- Must have communication skills to lead activities and deliver quality deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology related field or comparative experience
- Must be a U.S. citizen and/or authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust US government clearance.
Why you should join our team:
- Collaborative & Inclusive Culture: Our colleagues work in small, self-organized, and cross-functional teams that determine the best tactics to support the vision and strategy set by leadership. We encourage and welcome all ideas, taking an agile approach to creating an amazing product
- Design Thinking for Innovation: With a focus on our colleague’s growth within Assurety we have developed a Learning Management System (LMS) that trains all colleagues on Design Thinking for Innovation, Security, BI & Analytics, and the business they are about to support. More training is added every year.
- Recognition & Awards: Our Colleagues are recognized for their innovative problem-solving, goodwill, candor with respect, and excellence. We also give out spot bonuses besides the yearly performance bonus.
- Workplace: While our headquarters is in Sterling, Virginia, and our largest client is in Washington DC (on-site), our team lives across the globe. We partner with our team to help them achieve personal and professional alignment, helping our colleagues to define their blend of work-life balance.
- Office Perks: Colleagues that work out of one of our main offices enjoy beverages, snacks, lunches, and happy hour benefits.
- Vacation & Holiday Schedule: We believe this is a partnership and we trust our colleagues to build their time-off schedules and encourage our teams to take time for their well-being while minimizing impacts on the Client’s deliverables.
- Growth Opportunity: Through hands-on learning and development, the opportunities are endless.
- Focus on Well-Being: We pride ourselves on offering numerous benefit options to best fit the needs of our colleagues and their families, including domestic partners. Benefits include Health coverage plans including, medical (PPO & HDHP-HSA), dental, vision, flexible spending account (FSA), discount programs life & disability insurance, accident insurance, and other Voluntary benefits for you, your child/ren, and your family. We offer a 401-K program with company contributions and paid parental leave.
- Live your Passion: Assurety encourages and promotes monetary, and personnel involvement in causes around the globe. We believe in our Value of Goodwill, and work to find new ways to give back to our communities and make a positive impact. We focus on initiatives in the following areas – technology, charity, volunteerism, and honorary contributions.
Apply for this position
Who is Assurety Consulting & Solutions:
Assurety is a leader and innovator in multiple governmental and commercial sectors, including postal/parcel, marketing, financial, retail and higher education. We harness the power of our 16+ years of experience and the expertise of our professional staff to leverage technology and data to solve the toughest problems facing our clients. Data plays a critical role in almost all workstreams we serve. We encourage colleagues at all levels to participate in problem-solving discussions, and encourage design thinking for innovation in each interaction and deliverable. We have developed a culture that promotes participation and ownership in the process of creating effective solutions to complex problems. As a result, our organization delivers some of the most innovative advanced business and technical solutions in the industry. Our colleagues help our clients save lives, cut costs, improve revenue, directly impact the US economy, and improve their customers’ experience.
Assurety is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Assurety are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Assurety encourages applicants of all ages.