All employees of Assurety share one job description: to keep its customers and help grow the company.
Who is Assurety Consulting & Solutions:
Assurety is a leader and innovator in multiple governmental and commercial sectors, including postal/parcel, marketing, financial, retail, and higher education. We harness the power of our 16+ years of experience and the expertise of our professional staff to leverage technology and data to solve the toughest problems facing our clients. Data plays a critical role in almost all workstreams we serve. We encourage colleagues at all levels to participate in problem-solving discussions and encourage design thinking for innovation in each interaction and deliverable. We have developed a culture that promotes participation and ownership in the process of creating effective solutions to complex problems. As a result, our organization delivers some of the most innovative advanced business and technical solutions in the industry. Our colleagues help our clients save lives, cut costs, improve revenue, directly impact the US economy, and improve their customers’ experience.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Analyst to Join Our Team
The Sr. Data Analyst must have a minimum of 6+ years of professional experience analyzing data needs, business needs, performing data analysis and performing ETL against a multitude of data sources and platforms, business analytics, proposing business solutions, and generating reports. Must have 5+ years’ business and technical analysis experience in a client-facing role with the ability to use PowerPoint, Excel, and other graphical tools such as Qlik, PowerBI, Tableau, or Microstrategy to report to upper management the results of the analysis. Must understand relational databases; past database development and data analysis experience is needed. Must have prior customer support experience to be able to work with customers and explain the reports and decisions and trends to them. Must have experience in SAS, Teradata, and Oracle ETL processes and reporting. Understanding supply chain management communication and business transactions is a big plus. Must be able to solve problems and help modelers with the right type of cleaned data. Must be able to work with Excel and create graphics and reports that meet the needs of a VP. Must have served as a data analyst in 3-5 projects in the past as a team member and in a lead capacity on at least one project. Must have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems or science-related field or related experience, a master’s degree in the related field is a plus.
Where You’re Located:
Candidates for this role will be based in the United States near the Washington DC Metro area and the position (after Covid) requires on-site presence in Washington DC with the client, at least 2-3 days a week.
- Improve results for the Senior Management on the mission by supporting risk, fraud, marketing, address profiles, products, services, and functionality in terms of data analytics.
- Overcome storage, performance, and large data set challenges by performing ETL processes to lead statistical analysis of the data and to create more value from data by adding different data sets and sources.
- Improve use case implementation and reporting through data modeling and design.
- Ability to grasp, document, and articulate revenue assurance and fraud analysis pertaining to customers. Additionally, possess the skills to create reports for both Directors and field personnel, which hold potential for legal action against criminals.
- Proficiency in SAS, Oracle, Teradata, Excel, and database analytics is a prerequisite.
- Capability to write intricate SQL queries for report generation.
- The aptitude to craft visually captivating presentations using elements such as (graphics, graphs, clipart, MS Visio diagrams, and MS PowerPoint).
- Successfully engages in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Collaborates autonomously with users to formulate concepts while operating under the guidance of project managers.
- Act as the intermediary linking the customer community (both internal and external customers) with the software development team, facilitating the seamless flow of requirements.
- Formulates requirement specifications in accordance with established templates, employing natural language as and when required.
- Collaborates with developers and subject matter experts to establish the data sources, and the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Be the liaison between the business units, technology teams, and support teams.
- Assigned responsibilities will encompass assisting in the QA process and contributing to the development of training materials.
- Applicants should either hold U.S. citizenship or possess the authorization to work full-time in the United States for any employer.
- Should be capable of obtaining a public trust clearance from the US government.
- Strong proficiency in verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills is a prerequisite for this role.
What You’ve Done Before:
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be proficient and at an advanced level with ETL data processing.
- Must have strong skills with Excel, SAS, SQL queries, functions, procedures, views.
- Big data experience is a huge plus.
- Prior experience of working with Teradata or other data warehouse database is a plus.
- Complete ad hoc report requests from business stakeholders leveraging necessary Business Intelligence (Bl) tools.
- Must understand data modeling data entities and data communication and processing.
- Good interpersonal skills are also required.
- Knowledge of Internet technologies and web applications is useful including Jason, XML and web services.
Apply for this position
Who is Assurety Consulting & Solutions:
Assurety is a leader and innovator in multiple governmental and commercial sectors, including postal/parcel, marketing, financial, retail and higher education. We harness the power of our 16+ years of experience and the expertise of our professional staff to leverage technology and data to solve the toughest problems facing our clients. Data plays a critical role in almost all workstreams we serve. We encourage colleagues at all levels to participate in problem-solving discussions, and encourage design thinking for innovation in each interaction and deliverable. We have developed a culture that promotes participation and ownership in the process of creating effective solutions to complex problems. As a result, our organization delivers some of the most innovative advanced business and technical solutions in the industry. Our colleagues help our clients save lives, cut costs, improve revenue, directly impact the US economy, and improve their customers’ experience.
Assurety is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Assurety are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Assurety encourages applicants of all ages.