TECHNOLOGY CAREER AT ASSURETY
Quality Assurance Analyst (Automation)
All employees of Assurety share one job description which is to keep its customers and help grow the company.
Hours: Full Time
Location: On Site (Washington DC)
Department: Professional Services
Reports to: QA Manager / Program Manager
- Performs planning and reporting of their own testing activities tied to major, minor releases and patches.
- Develops planning, documentation, and communication, and reporting for their testing activities.
- Performs development and execution of automation scripts and automation modules (VB Scripting).
- Performs activities related to data driven and functional testing.
- Prepares and executes test cases using and preparing Mail.dat, Mail.XML and SSF file data.
- Conducts data analysis and writes QA plans and scripts focused on data and functional testing.
- Authors test cases and performs smoke, functional, negative, regression and cross-browser testing of our signature product and our core products.
- Interprets, analyzes and understands the Requirement/Specification documentation provided for new and existing functionality.
- Writes and executes test plans, test scenarios and test cases.
- Assists Development with research of reported issues.
- Maintains records of test progress and documenting test results.
- Strong attention to detail for data analysis; Excellent Communication skills Verbal and written; Will/can get it done attitude; Time management skills can manage multiple projects tasks and priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology related field or comparable experience.
- Must be a S. citizen and/or authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust US government clearance (Must have lived in the US for consecutive 5 years without being out of the country for more than total 180 days).
- Must have at least 5-6 years of total experience as QA Analyst.
- Must be mid-level in UFT Automation testing with 1+ years of Automation experience.
- Must have 5+ years of progressive Quality Assurance and testing experience.
- Must have practical experience with all stages of the software development life cycle (SDLC) as well as the software testing life cycle (STLC).
- Needs to understand and be comfortable with Enterprise Level Application (Front End, Middleware and Backend).
- Strong in Microsoft Excel especially in excel formulas – Must have used Excel formulas to lookup values, and string functions Experience in Excel Macros Excel data import of various types of files and data manipulation.
- Experience with SoapUI/Ready API for WebAPI testing and Automation (Must Have).
- ETL Tools experience.
- Experience with SQL queries.
- Experience with Linux/Unix commands Experience with HP ALM.
- ALM integration with different tool such as UFT and SoapUI Pro.
- Experience with Automation with UFT Version 12 and above.
- Must have worked on different QA Automation frameworks i.e. BPT, Lean AFT and Hybrid Experience in descriptive programming in UFT.
- Formatting of different types of files and data analyze.
- You should have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You should have strong leadership and management skills.
- Knowledge of and past experience with B2B systems is a plus.
- Good interpersonal skills are also required.
- Knowledge of Internet technologies and web applications is useful including Web 2.0 and XML.
- Excellent client presence and facilitation/communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Visio, Word, PPT etc.), MS Project.
- Must be well trained in technical writing skills.