All employees of Assurety share one job description which is to keep its customers and help grow the company.
Assurety Consulting & Solutions, Inc. is looking for a Business Analyst with a junior to mid-level functional and technical testing experience. Must have business analysis, QA background. Software Engineering/SQL Development Background is a Plus. You will be part of a technical team responsible for developing business, functional, and technical requirements for financial, compliance, accounting, mailing, and tracking systems. You must have prior knowledge and experience in working with relational Job will also include working with developers, QA Analysts and at times performing QA activities.
The key job is to understand the business needs and develop requirements for mission critical systems, validate the requirement with customer, collaborate with IT to make sure functional and technical requirements don’t have any show blockers and test the functionality by manipulating data files (flat, XML) and help IT fix the errors before a production release. Familiarity with Accounting systems, mailings systems, Verification and compliance systems is a plus. Must possess excellent customer service and customer management skills.
Please send your resumes to hiring@AssuretyConsulting.com.
Hours: Full Time
Location: On Site (Washington DC)
Department: Professional Services
Reports to: Program Manager
- Must have excellent communication skills to lead activities and deliver quality deliverables.
- Must have 2+ years of professional experience analyzing business needs, performing business process engineering, proposing business solutions and documenting requirements
- Must have 1-2 years’ experience business analysis experience in a client facing role
- Must have served as a requirements analyst in 1-3 projects in the past as a team member and in a lead capacity on at least one project
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information systems or science related field or related experience, Master’s degree in related field is a plus
- Must understand XML, and relational databases
- Must be a U.S. citizen and/or authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer
- Must be able to get cleared with public trust US government clearance (Must have lived consecutively in the US for the last five years without any long gaps in residency)
- Reviews Business Needs Statements, collaborates with the customers and develops business, functional and technical requirements both in waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Develops and manages training materials, business and technical guides, helps bring customers onboard.
- Manages his/her own tasks, schedules and hands-on writes requirements and after proving his/her abilities will be tasked with managing the client and client’s expectations, deliverables and schedules.
- Elicits requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluates information gathered from multiple sources, reconciles conflicts, decomposes high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguishes user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Proactively communicates and collaborates with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional
- Utilizes his/her experience in using enterprise-wide requirements definition and management systems and methodologies
- Successfully engages in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Works independently with users to define concepts and under direction of project managers
- Serves as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow
- Develops requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language
- Collaborates with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
- May be tasked to help with the QA process and training material development as well as with Assurety’s product development activities or with other Assurety projects in a business analyst role.
- You should have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills are also required.
- Knowledge of Internet technologies and web applications is useful including Web 2.0 and XML.
- Familiarity with testing tools and government accessibility requirements is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Scrum is important
- Knowledge and experience developing UML use cases is aplus
- Prior experience eliciting requirements for web based and database systems
- Excellent client presence and facilitation/communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Visio, Word, PPT etc.)
- Must be well trained in technical writing skills.
- Functional and Technical requirements documents
- User Stories, Use Cases
- Training presentations, Training technical and business guides, Process Flow,
- Workflow and data flow documents
- Use Cases, GUI, (Screen and Interface designs) and helps collaborate with customers and explains the technical details to them.
- Testing of products
- Requirements/Test Case Matrix
- Compilation of Process flows and Technical documentation
- Requirements documents and stories