All employees of Assurety share one job description which is to keep its customers and help grow the company.
Assurety Consulting & Solutions, Inc. is looking for a Sr. Business Analyst with extensive functional and technical testing experience. Must have business analysis, QA background. Software Engineering/SQL Development Background is a Plus. You will be part of a technical team responsible for developing business, functional, and technical requirements for financial, compliance, accounting, mailing, and tracking systems. You must have prior knowledge and experience in working with relational Job will also include working with developers, QA Analysts and at times performing QA activities.
The key job is to understand the business needs and develop requirements for mission critical systems, validate the requirement with customer, collaborate with IT to make sure functional and technical requirements don’t have any show blockers and test the functionality by manipulating data files (flat, XML) and help IT fix the errors before a production release. Familiarity with Accounting systems, mailings systems, Verification and compliance systems is a plus. Must possess excellent customer service and customer management skills.
Please send your resumes to hiring@AssuretyConsulting.com.
Hours: Full Time
Location: On Site (Washington DC)
Department: Professional Services
Reports to: Program Manager
- Must have excellent communication skills to lead activities and deliver quality deliverables.
- Must have 5+ years of professional experience analyzing business needs, performing business process engineering, proposing business solutions and documenting requirements
- Must have 3-4 years’ experience business analysis experience in a client facing role
- Must have served as a requirements analyst in 3-5 projects in the past as a team member and in a lead capacity on at least one project
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information systems or science related field or related experience, Master’s degree in related field is a plus
- Must have understanding of XML, and relational databases
- Must be a U.S. citizen and/or authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer
- Must be able to get cleared with public trust US government clearance (Must have lived consecutively in the US for the last five years without any long gaps in residency)
- Reviews Business Needs Statements, collaborates with the customers and develops business, functional and technical requirements both in waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Develops and manages training materials, business and technical guides, helps bring customers onboard.
- Manages tasks, schedules and hands-on writes requirements and after proving his/her abilities will be tasked with managing the client and client’s expectations, deliverables and schedules.
- Elicits requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluates information gathered from multiple sources, reconciles conflicts, decomposes high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguishes user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Proactively communicates and collaborates with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional
- Utilizes his/her experience in using enterprise-wide requirements definition and management systems and methodologies
- Successfully engages in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Works independently with users to define concepts and under direction of project managers
- Serves as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow
- Develops requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language
- Collaborates with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
- May be tasked to help with the QA process and training material development as well as with Assurety’s product development activities or with other Assurety projects in a business analyst role.
- You should have strong leadership, written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills are also required.
- Knowledge of Internet technologies and web applications is useful including Web 2.0 and XML.
- Familiarity with testing tools and government accessibility requirements is a plus.
- Leadership or supervisory experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Scrum is important
- Knowledge and experience developing UML use cases
- Prior experience eliciting requirements for web based and database systems
- Excellent client presence and facilitation/communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Visio, Word, PPT etc.)
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Must possess good understanding of business process engineering
- Must be well trained in technical writing skills.
- Functional and Technical requirements documents
- User Stories, Use Cases
- Training presentations, Training technical and business guides, Process Flow,
- Work flow and data flow documents
- Use Cases, GUI, (Screen and Interface designs) and helps collaborate with customers and explains the technical details to them.
- Testing of products
- Testing of APIs
- Test plans
- Test Scripts
- Data Files and messages
- Requirements/Test Case Matrix
- Compilation of Process flows and Technical documentation
- Requirements documents and stories
Location: USPS IT/ASC Eagan, MN or USPS HQ, Washington DC
The Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Software Management Specialist will directly assist the USPS Director of IT Architecture and Strategy with the management and support of the Technology Initiative Prioritization Assessment (TIPA) program and the related compliance, management and support of the Infrastructure Toolkit (ITK) repository.
The TIPA program is a governance process by which the USPS introduces and acquires new technology into the enterprise. Acquisition of new technology can be either hardware or software. The main activity of the TIPA program is mostly concerned with how the acquisition of new software and how it will mesh with current and future technology directions. It also concerned with whether the proposed use case can be accommodated with existing products that are already in place in the infrastructure. Another concern is can the acquisition be reasonably supported by USPS service providers.
ICT Software management specialist will participate as well as occasionally host and facilitate meetings with IT Leadership Team on a periodic basis to approve and/or update proposed acquisitions of new or existing technology. This person will have responsibility to work as a subject matter expert for all USPS software that is licensed and/or approved for use within the enterprise and will work with auditors, developers, support organizations including USPS managers to assure that corporate policy is followed with all IT software acquisitions.
In addition, the same individual will be responsible to administer the ITK website. The ITK website is the system of record for all approved software within USPS. When software is approved through the TIPA process the ITK repository is updated to reflect the condition of that approval which could include mainstream, niche restricted, proof of concept (POC) or other special conditions. Duties include granting access, performing updates, correcting errors and working with data management specialists to resolve data issues within the repository.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Evaluates software products and identify service provisioning compliance issues that could potentially impact existing or planned future USPS technology objectives negatively or positively.
- Collaborates USPS IT service providers to research and discover suitability software acquisition and integration into USPS IT infrastructure and communicate findings and recommendations to the IT leadership team.
- Contact vendors, third parties, postal patrons and members of the public in general in regard to compliance aspects and issues pertinent to the acquisition new technology or the maintenance of the existing software assets.
- Collect, organize, analyze and evaluate technical and non-technical information that is acquired though the software acquisition process.
- Work with cross-functional teams to assist in identifying licensing, compliance, entitlements, vulnerability issues that crop up when corporate standards are not rigorously enforced.
- Work with Security (CISO), Office of the Inspector General (OIG), auditors, USPS managers and other technicians when and where threats to USPS internal and external infrastructure and security exist.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in at least one of the following areas; software asset management, software license and entitlement management, IT software auditing, enterprise architecture processes.
- Communicate effectively in writing or orally with technical staff as well as non-technical staff at all levels (from top management within the organization to the end user in the work environment)
- Ability to effectively use a variety Microsoft Office 2013/2016 to communicate ideas and processes in a very large corporate setting.
- Ability to conduct interviews with internal and external subject matter experts and create written technical and business documentation based on interview.
- Willingness to travel as needed
- Previous federal, state or local governmental work related to software acquisition or software asset management experience.
- Previous related software acquisition or software asset management experience with a major computer software and/or hardware company.
- Training and/or certification is the areas of enterprise architecture, software asset management, software acquisition or software auditing.