Updated August 7, 2018
All employees of Assurety share one job description which is to keep its customers and help grow the company.
Hours: Contract to be converted to Full Time later on
Location: Onsite – Ottawa, Canada and Telecommute
Department: Decision Support
Reports to: VP of Professional Services or Program Director
- We are looking for an analytics manager to join our growing team of data analytics experts and manage the processes and people responsible for accurate data collection, processing, modeling and analysis.
- The ideal candidate has a knack for seeing solutions in sprawling data sets and the business mindset to convert insights into strategic opportunities for our company.
- Ensure data accuracy and consistent reporting by designing and creating optimal processes and procedures for analytics employees to follow.
- Use advanced data modeling, predictive modeling and analytical techniques to interpret key findings from company data and leverage these insights into initiatives that will support business outcomes.
- The right person for the job will apply their exhaustive knowledge of data analysis to solving real-world problems faced by our company and finding opportunities for improvement across multiple projects, teams and business units.
- Work with clients to understand their needs and provide solutions.
- Work as a account manager to grow the client base while providing supervision on analytics projects.
- Build, develop and maintain data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards and performance metrics support that support key business decisions.
- Oversee the design and delivery of reports and insights that analyze business functions and key operations and performance metrics.
- Recruit, train, develop and supervise analyst-level employees.
- Ensure accuracy of data and deliverables of reporting employees with comprehensive policies and processes.
- Manage and optimize processes for data intake, validation, mining and engineering as well as modeling, visualization and communication deliverables.
- Examine, interpret and report results of analytical initiatives to stakeholders in leadership, technology, sales, marketing and product teams.
- Anticipate future demands of initiatives related to people, technology, budget and business within your department and design/implement solutions to meet these needs.
- Communicate results and business impacts of insight initiatives to stakeholders within and outside of the company.
Qualifications for Analytics Manager
- Must have a Bachelors (required) or Masters (Preferred) degree in the technology or Sciences
- Must have at least 4-5 years’ experience as a consultant in client facing jobs.
- Understanding of and experience using analytical concepts and statistical techniques: hypothesis development, designing tests/experiments, analyzing data, drawing conclusions, and developing actionable recommendations for business units.
- Experience and knowledge of statistical modeling techniques: GLM multiple regression, logistic regression, log-linear regression, variable selection, etc.
- Strong problem solving, quantitative and analytical abilities.
- Must be able to get security clearance in Canada.
The right candidate will also be proficient and experienced with the following tools/programs:
- At least 5 years’ experience in statistical analysis system (SAS) 9.0 or higher, SAS Enterprise Miner, enterprise Guide, Studio, Visual Analytics, SAS Text Analytics. At least 2 years of experience with MicroStrategy and Tableau is a plus Or some equivalent analysis software.
- Strong programming skills with querying languages: SLQ, SAS, etc.
- Experience with big data tools: Teradata, Aster, Hadoop, etc.
- Experience with testing tools such as Adobe Test & Target
- Experience with data visualization tools: Tableau, Raw, chart.js, etc.
- Experience with Adobe Analytics and other analytics tools
- C, C++, JAVA, or other programming languages
- Experience with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.