Updated March 11, 2019
All employees of Assurety share one job description which is to keep its customers and help grow the company.
Hours: Full Time
Location: On Site (L’Enfant Plaza, Washington D.C.)
Reports to: Program Director
- Must have minimum 6+ years of professional experience analyzing data needs, business needs, performing data analysis, business analytics, proposing business solutions and generating reports.
- Must have 5+ years’ business and technical analysis experience in a client facing role with the ability to use power point, excel and other graphical tools to report to upper management the results of the analysis.
- Must have understanding of relational databases; past database development and data analysis experience is needed.
- Must have prior customer support experience to be able to work with customers and explain the reports and dues to them.
- Must have past experience in SAS reporting.
- Understanding of supply chain management communication and business transactions is a big plus.
- Must be able to solve problems and create models quickly.
- Must be able to work with Excel and create graphics and reports that meet the needs of a VP.
- Must have served as a data analyst in 3-5 projects in the past as a team member and in a lead capacity on at least one project.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information systems or science related field or related experience, Master’s degree in related field is a plus.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and/or authorized to work in the United States on a full- time basis for any employer.
- Must be able to get cleared with public trust US government clearance.
- Must possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to think about products, services, functionality in terms of data analytics for senior management.
- Must be able to conduct data modeling.
- Must be able to understand, document, and present revenue assurance analysis on customers and generate reports for the VPs that can be used to work with the clients and request them for payments.
- Must be proficient in SAS, Excel and database analytics.
- Must be able to write complex SQL queries to generate reports.
- Must be able to create visually appealing presentations (with graphics, graphs, clipart, MS Visio diagrams, MS PowerPoint etc.).
- Successfully engages in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Works independently with users to define concepts and under direction of project managers.
- Serves as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow.
- As necessary, develops requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language.
- Collaborates with developers and subject matter experts to establish the data sources, the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Be the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams.
- Will be tasked to help with the QA process and training material development.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have strong skills with Excel, SAS, SQL queries, functions, procedures, views.
- Big data experience is a huge plus.
- Prior experience of working with Teradata or other data warehouse database is a plus.
- Author and publish reports in Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Complete ad hoc report requests from business stakeholders leveraging necessary Business Intelligence (Bl) tools.
- Develop and support Oracle by creating reports, necessary tables, indexes, views, indexed views, functions, triggers, stored procedures, and tuning complex queries.
- Must understand data modeling data entities and data communication and processing.
- Good interpersonal skills are also required.
- Knowledge of Internet technologies and web applications is useful including Web 2.0 and XML.