We are looking for a Lead Business Analyst to join Our Team
The Lead Business analyst is responsible for collaborating with the client; planning and delivering requirements and design documents for three to four software releases per year that directly impact the revenues, costs, products, operations, systems and applications associated with the client’s enterprise. The individual will plan requirements development activities, collaborate with the client and IT on the development of requirements and API design deliverables.
Where You’re Located:
Candidates for this role will be based in the United States near Washington DC Metro area and the position (after Covid) requires on-site presence in Washington DC with the client.
- Implement system and application changes that sustain revenues of the client, improve customer experience, cut workflow and operational costs, and bring efficiencies to the overall product, pricing, accounts receivable, workflow automation, revenue assurance systems and applications.
- Develop plans for the releases on Business Needs Statements needing requirements for the release and dependencies.
- Develop agile stories and waterfall software requirements documents.
- Manage the workload and communicate the progress in daily meetings and weekly reports to the client
- Identify risks and communicate risks to client and PMO.
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates user needs to create systems solutions that support overall business strategies.
- Documents system requirements, defines scope and objectives, and creates system specifications that drive system development and implementation.
- Incumbents function as a liaison between IT and users and have both business and technical expertise.
- Work with data files, flat files, XML, Jason and other formats to define business and technical requirements.
- Performs Quality Assurance activities including developing and executing test plans, test cases requirements/test use case matrix and reporting on testing activities.
- Other duties as assigned, including but not limited to developing agile and waterfall business, functional and technical requirements, API design documents, business needs statements, schedules, requirements matrix, reports, technical and business guides, management of data specifications changes, Change Request, Engineering Change Requests, Test Problem Reports, communications performance analytics, training PowerPoints to train customers (internal and external on new products, systems, supplication, processes).
What You’ve Done Before:
- 10+ years of analysis, evaluation and user needs identification experience and skills to convert the needs into software requirements and directly impact customer experience, revenue, and cost avoidance where necessary.
- 3+ years of experience leading requirements planning and management activities in agile and waterfall methodologies.
- Must have problem solving and consultant type skills to recognize, analyze, and respond to business and technical problems.
- Must have excellent written, verbal, and developing training content communications skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in working with multiple stakeholders related to integration management, risk management is a big plus.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision of day-to-day tasks.
- Proficiency to work with Microsoft excel, pivot tables, PowerPoint and SQL will increase your success probability across different work stream.
Why you should join our team:
Collaborative & Inclusive Culture: Our colleagues work in small, self-organized and cross-functional teams that determine the best tactics to support the vision and strategy set by leadership. We encourage and welcome all ideas, taking an agile approach to creating an amazing product
Design Thinking for Innovation: With focus on our colleague’s growth within Assurety we have developed a Learning Management System (LMS) that trains all colleagues on Design Thinking for Innovation, Security, BI & Analytics, and the business they are about to support. More trainings are added every year.
Recognition & Awards: Our Colleagues are recognized for their innovative problem solving, goodwill, candor with respect and excellence. We also give out spot bonuses besides the yearly performance bonus.
Workplace: While our headquarters is in Sterling, Virginia, and our largest client in Washington DC (on-site), our team lives across the globe. We partner with our team to help them achieve personal and professional alignment, helping our colleagues to define their own blend of work-life balance.
Office Perks: Colleagues that work out of one of our main offices enjoy beverages, snacks, lunches, and happy hour benefits.
Vacation & Holiday Schedule: We believe this is a partnership and we trust our colleagues to build their own time-off schedule and encourage our teams to take time for their well-being while minimizing impacts to Client’s deliverables.
Growth Opportunity: Through hands-on learning and development, the opportunities are endless.
Focus on Well-Being: pride ourselves on offering numerous benefit options to best fit the needs of our colleagues and their families, including domestic partners. Benefits include medical (PPO & HDHP-HSA), dental, vision, flexible spending account, commuter benefit, discount programs, life & disability insurance, and accident insurance. We also offer a 401k program with company match and paid parental leave.
Live your Passion: Assurety encourages and promotes monetary and personnel involvement in the causes around the globe. We believe in our Value of Goodwill, and work to find new ways to give back to our communities and make a positive impact. We focus on initiatives in the following areas – technology, charity, volunteerism and honorary contributions.
Apply for this position
Who is Assurety Consulting & Solutions:
Assurety is a leader and innovator in multiple governmental and commercial sectors, including postal/parcel, marketing, financial, retail and higher education. We harness the power of our 16+ years of experience and the expertise of our professional staff to leverage technology and data to solve the toughest problems facing our clients. Data plays a critical role in almost all workstreams we serve. We encourage colleagues at all levels to participate in problem-solving discussions, and encourage design thinking for innovation in each interaction and deliverable. We have developed a culture that promotes participation and ownership in the process of creating effective solutions to complex problems. As a result, our organization delivers some of the most innovative advanced business and technical solutions in the industry. Our colleagues help our clients save lives, cut costs, improve revenue, directly impact the US economy, and improve their customers’ experience.
Assurety is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Assurety are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Assurety encourages applicants of all ages.