Status: Citizen or Green Card Holder (Position Requires Clearance)
Assurety Consulting has a great opportunity for a Functional Expert Position. The Functional Expert, Subject Matter Expert) is responsible for collaborating with the client; planning and delivering requirements and designing documents for three to four software releases per year that directly impact the revenues, costs, products, operations, systems, and applications associated with the client’s enterprise. The individual will plan requirements development activities and collaborate with the client and IT on the development of requirements and API design deliverables.
Assurety Consulting genuinely cares about its employees. We bring together the best people and the best careers. Our family of talented and focused professionals enjoy Assurety Consulting’s generous PTO and Holidays, great benefits, and great pay.
All employees of Assurety share one job description which is to keep its customers and help grow the company.
- Help develop requirements and support testing activities for mission-critical commercial systems and products of the USPS with billions of dollars of revenue.
- Analyze systems, applications, and new business needs of the customer and develop requirements driven by systems engineering principles.
- Implement system and application changes that sustain the revenues of the client, improve customer experience, cut workflow and operational costs, and bring efficiencies to the overall project implementation approach.
- Focused on developing mailing, parcel, and digital products solutions platforms and supporting innovation initiatives of the client.
- Analyze Cloud transition and deployment strategies.
- Project plans, technical solutions documents, Communications, and Risk management plans.
- Presentation of FAQs and other customer-oriented documentation to explain the IA program to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Plans for testing of products and service.
- Compilation of Process flows and technical documentation.
- Management of tasks.
- Management of users.
- Webinars for user training.
- Production verification of issues reported by users.
- Support with weekly reporting to the client.
- Supports Customer Service communication and collaboration activities and supports internal and external customers on new software functionality,
- Develop plans for the releases of Business Needs Statements needing requirements for the release and dependencies.
- 10+ years of business and technical and systems analysis, evaluation, and user needs identification experience and skills to convert the needs into software requirements and directly impact customer experience, revenue, and cost avoidance where necessary.
- 6+ years of experience leading requirements planning and management activities in agile and waterfall methodologies.
- Must have problem-solving and consultant-type skills to recognize, analyze, and respond to business and technical problems.
- Technology and technology management experience to help develop new digital products, services, and solutions, and provide guidance on managing them.
- Must have excellent written, verbal, and developing training content communications skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as Computer Science, Business Administration, Finance, Marketing, Accounting, Engineering, Economics, MIS, or a related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Experience in working with multiple stakeholders related to integration management, and risk management is a big plus.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision of day-to-day tasks.
- Proficiency to work with Microsoft Excel, pivot tables, PowerPoint, and SQL will increase your success probability across different work streams.
Why you should join our team:
Collaborative & Inclusive Culture: Our colleagues work in small, self-organized and cross-functional teams that determine the best tactics to support the vision and strategy set by leadership. We encourage and welcome all ideas, taking an agile approach to creating an amazing product
Design Thinking for Innovation: With focus on our colleague’s growth within Assurety we have developed a Learning Management System (LMS) that trains all colleagues on Design Thinking for Innovation, Security, BI & Analytics, and the business they are about to support. More trainings are added every year.
Recognition & Awards: Our Colleagues are recognized for their innovative problem solving, goodwill, candor with respect and excellence. We also give out spot bonuses besides the yearly performance bonus.
Workplace: While our headquarters is in Sterling, Virginia, and our largest client in Washington DC (on-site), our team lives across the globe. We partner with our team to help them achieve personal and professional alignment, helping our colleagues to define their own blend of work-life balance.
Office Perks: Colleagues that work out of one of our main offices enjoy beverages, snacks, lunches, and happy hour benefits.
Vacation & Holiday Schedule: We believe this is a partnership and we trust our colleagues to build their own time-off schedule and encourage our teams to take time for their well-being while minimizing impacts to Client’s deliverables.
Growth Opportunity: Through hands-on learning and development, the opportunities are endless.
Focus on Well-Being: We pride ourselves on offering numerous benefit options to best fit the needs of our colleagues and their families, including domestic partners. Benefits include medical (PPO & HDHP-HSA), dental, vision, flexible spending account, commuter benefit, discount programs, life & disability insurance, and accident insurance. We also offer a 401k program with company match and paid parental leave.
Live your Passion: Assurety encourages and promotes monetary and personnel involvement in the causes around the globe. We believe in our Value of Goodwill, and work to find new ways to give back to our communities and make a positive impact. We focus on initiatives in the following areas – technology, charity, volunteerism and honorary contributions.
Apply for this position
Who is Assurety Consulting & Solutions:
Assurety is a leader and innovator in multiple governmental and commercial sectors, including postal/parcel, marketing, financial, retail and higher education. We harness the power of our 16+ years of experience and the expertise of our professional staff to leverage technology and data to solve the toughest problems facing our clients. Data plays a critical role in almost all workstreams we serve. We encourage colleagues at all levels to participate in problem-solving discussions, and encourage design thinking for innovation in each interaction and deliverable. We have developed a culture that promotes participation and ownership in the process of creating effective solutions to complex problems. As a result, our organization delivers some of the most innovative advanced business and technical solutions in the industry. Our colleagues help our clients save lives, cut costs, improve revenue, directly impact the US economy, and improve their customers’ experience.
Assurety is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Assurety are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Assurety encourages applicants of all ages.